days until leaving for good
: :

days since arrival
: :

Monday, December 15, 2008

I should have stop these counters earlier...

Dear all!! Here I am... dead? no! far... yes :(
I should have stop these counters up there much earlier. 140 days ago actually! I spent in the USA 925 days... and I have in my mind the same amount of memories. My friends, my work, my life, my trips... every day was a chance to live this stay at the fullest. Taking a step back on all this... I think I did it the way it should be!

Back in 2006, I arrived, little French guy, welcome (one week late...) by Paola, Nicola and Santiago, in that nice apartment in Summit, where I could finally stay since we were not fighting for the bathroom! Nice memories with all my roommates! Diners at night watching Desperate Housewives (yeah, okok, I switched later to Family Guy... no comment!!), cooking parties with Italian meat style, french crepes or Argentinian oniopringlespringles-)

It's only around April that I got my car... ha, my car, Chrysler Sebring Convertible Gold! A total of 3 speeding tickets... they are driving so slow over there! 1 parking ticket... they stick it on your shield as soon as you have your back turned... and one accident! A stupid bitch I bumped. She stopped her car on left lane of the higway... because of a cop car! and still... it was my fault!

All along this time, I met some people, some friends and some very good friend, some friend I will never forget. Alenjandro and Carina (and Alan for few month!!), Diego, Mariano from Argentina, Alvaro, Pamina and Cristiano, Paola and Nicola (and Margherita for few weeks) from Italy Erjola and Donald and all his family from Albania, Ana from Brazil. To all of you, thank you, thanks you so much, it will be a pleasure to meet you again, wherever it is, as soon as we can. I have pictures of all of you in my book and I feel a little nostalgic wheAlenjandrot around and just when I watch it for myself.

Oh, I was about to forget. PrincPamina. some people know what it means. I thMargheritans a lot! these American paErjolawhere the cops always got invited... these parties where I met people from all over the world! these parties where I could speak french a little bit (I kind of miss that you know!!)

Thank you to all the people who came to the US to visit me! My dad... first place since he came a dozen of times! Was nice to feel a little piece of Family in that part of the world! My mum, some friends and extended family, thanks to all of you! I was glad to show you my life there, and to make you enjoy the cheap prices of the outlets and other huge stores!!!!!

After a first prolongation of my J1 visa, a trial to get an H1 and a fail over solution to an H3 (I shouldn't say this here!!), it's 2 years and a half enjoying this life... two years I never thought I could stay that long, and 2 years I figured out it was getting harder and harder to leave. I ended up taking the decision I wanted to go back to France, that was around January 2008. We are now December 2008 and many things happened in the meantime. Before leaving, I did that trip, 10000 miles around the country, and my American life finished on a touch of love! This stay is a great story just ending, my Lily is a great story which is starting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mon cher Hubert,
je suis tres content que tu aies pu vivre cette experience unique en quelque sorte, et j'espere que cette experience pourra te servir de bagage complementaire tout au long de ta vie et professionnelle et personnelle.
C'etait toujours un grand plaisir pour moi que de te rendre vsiiet et de pouvoir rentrer a la maison pour dire a ta maman : Hubert est tres heureux dans sa vie americaine !

Je t'embrasse bien fort

Ton Papa

Steve Finnell said...

WHO CONTROLS CLIMATE GOD OR MAN? BY STEVE FINNELL

Can man control the earth's climate, or is God in control of the weather? Do man-made carbon dioxide emission control the climate of the earth or does God control the weather? Who created the weather, man or God?

Genesis 7:4 "For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made."(NKJV)

Question: Did man-made CO2 emissions cause it to rain forty days and forty nights, and destroy everything but what was on the ark with Noah?

Matthew 8:24-27......26 But He said to them, "Why are you fearful, O you of little faith? Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea. And there was great calm.........(NKJV)

Questions: Did man-made CO2 emissions cause the storm. Did man calm the storm by controlling their carbon footprint?

Job 37 1:24.... 6 For He says to the snow, 'Be on the earth': Likewise to the gentle rain and heavy rain of His strength......(NKJV)

Question: Do men have the ability to control the climate by controlling man-made CO2 emissions?

Psalm 135:6-7 Whatever the Lord pleases He does, In heaven and on earth, In the seas and in all deep places. 7 He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightning for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries.(NKJV)

Question: Can men control the climate by controlling man-made CO2 emissions?

Who is in control of the climate, God in heaven or puny men on earth?

[NOTE: Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant; neither is oxygen nor water. CO2, O, and H2O are necessary to sustain life.]

you are invited to follow my blog. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com