days until leaving for good
: :

days since arrival
: :

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 10, (Tuesday, July 8th)

From: Los Angeles, CA
To: Las Vegas, NV
Miles: 602
Time in the car: 10 hours
Weather conditions: Sunny
Pictures:

Day10


Today’s road:


View Larger Map



Events:
08:05 AM, Leaving the Hotel
12:00 PM, Arrived in Hollywood, CA
07:45 AM, Crossing border to Nevada
08:30 PM, Arrived in Vegas


We started the day early to finish the road we couldn’t do the day before and reach LA as soon as possible. We decided to park the car in Hollywood and walk on Hollywood boulevard, pass by the Chinese theater, Kodak theater and view the things around (and have lunch :P). Before leaving to go to Vegas (couldn’t wait for that!!), we went in Beverly Hills by car to see what it was (it’s the same than in the movies :P)

I took care of my ticket. To summarize, I have to pay a ticket in Basin, WY. I have a cashier check from the main bank of Hollywood. I will mail it in Vegas in a Best Western (hotel) envelop. The judge is going to hallucinate! Lol

On the way to Vegas, we had the first effect of the desert! We first stopped the AC after the engine temperature was too high. We then opened the window, put the heating and enjoy the heat... It finally went down a bit. Oooofffff :D That part was scaring me...

Arrived in Vegas, we parked the car, checked in the room in our hotel: The Bellagio, settle down in the room and had a huge buffet diner. I think I couldn’t make my plates with more various things, everything was really good. And then, starts the night in Vegas: playing machines and roulette. I didn’t invest much and I didn’t win anything ... I can just say I lost the all thing! The good point is that I didn’t sell my car!! The night went on, we moved around on the strip and other place. What I did? Hummm... what happen in Vegas .... ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

merci de nous montrer le pays que tu traverses!il y a meme les pompiers pour moi!!je t'embrasse
Mum

Nicolas said...

... stays in Vegas !!