days until leaving for good
: :

days since arrival
: :

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Red Bull Air Race

Hello everyone!

Back on my blog and still alive!

A lot of thing happened since my last post. Like for example these little bird and his eggs ... they all disappeared :S too sad to be true, right?

Also, last week end, we went all the way to Detroit (9 hours from new jersey!) with Santiago, Nicola and Donald to see the Red Bull Air race. A very nice show, in the air, where pilots competes on a short but intense circuit. During the run, pilots get up to 10G (while an army jet goes up to 5G or a roller coaster stands at 3G maximum).

Saturday was supposed to be the qualification day but was finally canceled at the last moment because of the wind. we still had some demo, but not the real thing!! We also had the chance in the morning, to meet to pilots (and the rebull hostesses !!). It's there I figured out one of the pilot was French: Nicola Ivanoff (ok, ..., doesn't sounds too frenchy, but he runs for France, speak french and has a very nice english accent!!!!!!!)

Sunday, pretty scared of hearing the same bad news, we went in the area pretty early to be close from the action! The demos we had were pretty impressive like a army jet passing full speed, or stalling, few meters away from us. And also the redbull helicopter which flies up side down!! The race finally started, our french pilot started opened the track and kept the first position until the 6th one to run. In the end, he finished 6th out of 12, not too bad. but, could be better!!

You can see a lot of pics of the show here:

Red Bull Air Race



So now, on the things going on around, I started to think about my return to France and I am also waiting for that date ... 3 weeks from now, to leave for the trip!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I contemplate the post should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.